свіжі новини:

Egypt Revamps Law Curbing NGOs, Critics Unimpressed

Egypt’s parliament on Monday removed jail penalties from a law controlling operations of non-governmental organizations, but rights groups rejected the changes as insufficient.Justified by officials to protect national security from meddling by foreign-funded charities, the 2017 law restricted NGOs’ activity to developmental and social work, with jail terms of up to five years for non-compliance.Activists saw it as an attempt to block humanitarian work and the law contributed to a decision by U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration to freeze millions of dollars in military aid to Egypt for nearly a year.The new legislation, approved overwhelmingly by parliament on Monday, removes the jail penalty and replaces it with fines between 200,000 and 1 million Egyptian pounds ($12,070-$60,350).As well as ending jail sentences, the changes – which must still be ratified by President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi – enable NGOs to receive money from Egypt or abroad as long as it is deposited in a bank account within 30 days.The government has 60 days to challenge payments.Although the new legislation was meant to answer criticisms, 10 Egyptian and international rights groups said last week the impending changes were not enough. They said other laws imposing strict controls on NGOs and civil society also needed revamping.In 2013, 43 Americans, Europeans, Egyptians and other Arabs were sentenced to jail on charges including operating NGOs without necessary approval. Most were acquitted last year.A case against domestic NGO workers, more than 30 of whom have been given travel bans and asset freezes, remains open.”The new draft is but a re-marketing of the repressive law that contains a hostile attitude towards civil society groups,” the 10 groups said in a statement.”The aim is to calm international public opinion, but the changes are not in line with the constitution or Egypt’s international obligations,” said Mohamed Zaree, Egypt program director at the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies.Charities have long played an important role in feeding, clothing and providing healthcare and education in a country where millions live on less than $2 a day.Sissi came to power after spearheading, as defence minister, the removal of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi as president in 2013.Under Sissi, Egypt has seen a crackdown on dissent that campaigners say is unprecedented in its recent history.His backers say tough measures are necessary to stabilize Egypt, which was rocked by years of unrest after protests toppled veteran leader Hosni Mubarak in 2011.



US Democratic Money Jitters Ease After Big 2nd Quarter Haul

Some big fundraising hauls by Democrats have eased worries that lackluster totals last quarter were a sign the party would struggle to stockpile cash for the general election fight with President Donald Trump.All campaigns have to report their second quarter fundraising totals to the Federal Election Commission by the end of Monday. But early glimpses offered by a handful of contenders show they collectively raised about $96 million, putting them within striking distance of the $105 million raised by Trump and the Republican National Committee.Pete Buttigieg led the second quarter field of Democratic White House hopefuls with $24.8 million, a jaw-dropping sum to be raised by a candidate who entered the race months ago as the little-known mayor of South Bend, Indiana. He was followed by former Vice President Joe Biden, who raised $21.5 million. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren rebounded from a mediocre first quarter and came in third with $19.1 million. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders posted $18 million, while California Sen. Kamala Harris reported raising about $12 million.Others in the sprawling field that’s drawn more than 20 candidates have yet to announce their numbers. But they are certain to have pulled in far less, offering what will likely be the latest sign that that two distinct tiers are emerging in the primary: one which will have ample resources to build a national operation and get their message out, and another forced to make difficult financial decisions and triage limited cash.“Top-tier candidates will need to pull in eight-figure quarters to stay competitive and run effective campaigns on a national scale,” said Dennis Cheng, who was the finance director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign. “The second quarter was about raising the bar and exceeding expectations.”One of the most immediate challenges for candidates who have struggled to gain traction is notching enough donors to qualify for the next round of debates.The Democratic National Committee has increased the thresholds to reach the fall debate stage, leaving a wide swath of the field scrambling to qualify. To secure a slot on the stage, candidates have to reach 2 percent in a handful of polls while racking up contributions from at least 130,000 donors in at least 20 different states.That requires raising a significant amount online from low-dollar donors, a metric that is touted as a sign of a candidate’s support from the party’s grassroots.Those who build a large network of small-dollar donors aren’t just capable of raising money, they are winning over the same party activists needed to turn out the vote, organize and proselytize, said Robert Zimmerman, a donor and Democratic National Committeeman from New York.“Not too many top donors from Bel Air, Manhattan, Scottsdale and Palm Beach are going to be knocking on doors through the snows of Iowa and New Hampshire,” he said.  “But small-dollar donors and grassroots supporters, they build the campaign.”
 



Democrats in Congress Attacked by Trump Deem His Comments Racist

Updated: July 15, 2019, 7:47 p.m.WHITE HOUSE — Four Democratic Party members of the U.S. Congress have appeared together before reporters in a collective and blistering show of force to rebut President Donald Trump’s social media and verbal volleys against them. “He’s launching a blatantly racist attack on four duly elected members of the United States House of Representatives, all of whom are women of color,” said Ilhan Omar, a Somalia-born Democrat from the state of Minnesota and a naturalized U.S. citizen. “This is the agenda of white nationalists.” Trump set off a firestorm of controversy Sunday by tweeting that the lawmakers should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” even though three of the four were born in the United States. The first tweets came shortly after a segment about the minority congresswomen on the Fox News Channel. So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly……— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., speaks during a news conference at the Capitol in Washington, July 15, 2019.Earlier in the day, Trump amplified his remarks deemed by many as racist attacks on the lawmakers, rejecting widespread criticism that his comments run counter to American values.”It doesn’t concern me,” he told reporters Monday at the White House, “because many people agree with me.”The president said of the lawmakers: “If they’re not happy here, they can leave,” adding, “these are people that hate our country.”Asked whether his comments were racist, Trump said, “Not at all.”House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is among those characterizing the president’s comments as “disgusting attacks.””The House cannot allow the President’s characterization of immigrants to our country to stand. Our Republican colleagues must join us in condemning the President’s xenophobic tweets,” Pelosi said in calling for support for a House resolution to condemn Trump’s tweets.Most lawmakers of Trump’s party have stayed silent on the controversy. But four Republican senators — Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Mitt Romney of Utah —are criticizing Trump’s remarks.”The president has a unique and noble calling to unite the American people,” Romney, a former Republican presidential nominee, told reporters. “In that regard, he failed badly this weekend and continued to do so today.”Murkowski tweeted: “There is no excuse for the president’s spiteful comments — they were absolutely unacceptable and this needs to stop.”There is no excuse for the president’s spiteful comments –they were absolutely unacceptable and this needs to stop.— Sen. Lisa Murkowski (@lisamurkowski) July 15, 2019″President Trump was wrong to suggest that four left-wing congresswomen should go back to where they came from,” Toomey said in a statement. “The citizenship of all four is as valid as mine.”Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who golfed with Trump over the weekend, said the president should “aim higher” with his criticism of the four, even as the lawmaker disparaged their views.On Fox News, Graham said Monday Ocasio-Cortez “and this crowd are a bunch of communists” who “hate Israel. They hate our own country. They’re calling the guards along our border — the border control agents — concentration camp guards. They accuse people who support Israel of doing it for the Benjamins [money]. They’re anti-Semitic. They’re anti-America.”‘The squad’The four female lawmakers, from what is called the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, are known collectively as “the squad.” “Our squad includes any person committed to building a more equitable and just world,” Pressley told reporters. “And that is the work that we want to get back to. And given the size of this squad and this great nation, we cannot, we will not, be silenced.” Trump tweeted on Monday morning: “When will the Radical Left Congresswomen apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President, for the foul language they have used, and the terrible things they have said.”When will the Radical Left Congresswomen apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President, for the foul language they have used, and the terrible things they have said. So many people are angry at them & their horrible & disgusting actions!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 15, 2019A prominent U.S.-based anti-hate Jewish group is condemning the president’s attempt to use Jews as a shield.”As Jews, we are all too familiar with this kind of divisive prejudice,” said Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive officer of the Anti-Defamation League. “While ADL has publicly disagreed with these congresswomen on some issues, the president is echoing the racist talking points of white nationalists and cynically using the Jewish people and the state of Israel as a shield to double down on his remarks.”Omar, in particular, has been a frequent topic of critical coverage on Fox News, in part due to her frequent criticism of Israel and comments perceived as anti-Semitic.



ДБР звинувачує «Євросолідарність» у тиску. Та у відповідь обіцяє продовжити акції

Державне бюро розслідувань заявило про захоплення його приміщень людьми в балаклавах «задля впливу на досудове розслідування у кримінальних провадженнях, де фігурує експрезидент України».

«Сьогодні під ДБР відбулася акція політичної сили, окремі учасники якої вийшли за межі правового поля: увірвалися до приміщення правоохоронного органу, прикриваючись депутатським мандатом; заблокували в’їзд та виїзд транспорту з ДБР; зірвали проведення зустрічі з європейськими міжнародними партнерами стосовно розвитку та посилення ДБР; вимагали від директора правоохоронного органу «термінових результатів розслідування», або взагалі його скасування.Це називається політичний тиск», – мовиться у заяві на сайті відомства.

У ДБР наголошують, що стоять осторонь від політики, і обіцяють, що розслідування буде об’єктивним.

«Під час досудового розслідування відбувся витік інформації – це неприпустимо для будь-якого правоохоронного органу, а тим паче для новоствореного. За цим фактом розпочато службову перевірку», – зазначається у заяві.

Раніше близько одинадцятої ранку 15 липня понад півсотні людей увійшли у приміщення Державного бюро розслідувань. Як повідомляє журналіст Радіо Свобода, серед них була народна депутатка Тетяна Чорновол (яка цього разу балотується від «Європейської солідарності»).

Під вікнами та у вестибюлі ДБР у цей час відбувався мітинг під прапорами «Європейської солідарності». Частина учасників акції була у балаклавах. Гупали пластмасовими трубами. Дехто мав при собі вогнегасники, які потім застосовували у приміщенні, інші тримали плакати з вимогою «люстрації» голови ДБР Романа Труби.

Пізніше ввечері «Європейська солідарність» оприлюднила заяву, що і надалі пікетуватиме будівлю ДБР з метою звільнення директора Романа Труби, який «через політичну заангажованість скомпрометував себе на посаді і своїми діями загрожує національній безпеці країни».

Кілька днів тому у медіа з’явилось повідомлення про виклик на допит до Державного бюро розслідувань попереднього президента України Петра Порошенка.



Омбудсмен Росії прокоментувала можливість обміну Вишинського на українських моряків

Уповноважена з прав людини Росії Тетяна Москалькова 15 липня приїхала на суд у справі керівника «РИА Новости Украина» Кирила Вишинського і прокоментувала його можливий обмін на 24 українських моряків, заарештованих у Москві. Про це повідомляє кореспондент Радіо Свобода.

«Президент Російської Федерації Володимир Володимирович Путін – проти таких підходів, коли про людей говорять як про обмінний фонд. І сам Кирило Вишинський каже, що він не згоден на жодні обміни, і добиватиметься виправдувального вироку», – заявила Москалькова.

Вона додала, що потрібно шукати інші «правові та моральні механізми», завдяки яким «люди повернуться додому, до родин».

За словами омбудсмена, раніше Росія направляла Україні ноту про те, що моряків можуть відпустити з-під варти, якщо вони гарантовано продовжать брати участь в попередньому і судовому слідстві в Москві.

«Наша сторона направила конкретну ноту українській стороні. Вона не була підтримана через те, що, мабуть, є неузгодженість в діях. Дуже хочеться, щоб ця координація дій органів була налагоджена для конструктивного діалогу», – сказала Москалькова.

Вона також заявила, що прийшла на суд до Вишинського, щоб його підтримати і передати головуючій судді офіційну заяву про зміну запобіжного заходу на такий, що непов’язаний з триманням під вартою. Проте Москалькова не змогла цього зробити, оскільки засідання було перенесено.

Головний редактор «РІА Новини Україна» Кирило Вишинський був затриманий 15 травня 2018 року в Києві і відтоді перебуває під арештом. Генпрокуратура України звинувачує його в державній зраді, поваленні конституційного ладу, сепаратизмі, розпалюванні національної ворожнечі й незаконному зберіганні зброї. Сам Вишинський відкидає всі звинувачення.

24 українських моряків були затримані 25 листопада 2018 року. Це сталося після того, як військовослужбовці Росії біля берегів Криму таранили, обстріляли та захопили артилерійські катери «Бердянськ» і «Нікополь» та буксир «Яни Капу». Москва звинувачує українських військовослужбовців у «незаконному перетині кордону». Україна наполягає, що зіткнення відбулося в нейтральних водах, і вважає захоплених моряків військовополоненими.

 

 



Pentagon to Get Unprecedented 3rd Acting Chief this Year

After months of delay, President Donald Trump is expected today to nominate a successor to Jim Mattis as secretary of defense.
 
It will be Mark Esper, who has been serving as acting secretary of defense since June, when Patrick Shanahan abruptly quit after serving as the acting secretary for six months. Mattis resigned last December.
 
The leadership vacuum at the Pentagon has raised questions in Congress at a time of heightened tensions with Iran.
 
Once Esper’s nomination is received by the Senate, Esper would step aside pending confirmation. His confirmation hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
 
In Esper’s absence, the civilian head of the Navy, Richard Spencer, would be the acting defense secretary. That arrangement would last only a few days, if Esper is confirmed quickly by the Senate as expected.  



Під зсувом на пляжі в Одесі нікого не знайшли

На місці зсуву ґрунту на одному з пляжів в Одесі, що стався 14 червня, завершили пошукові роботи, на місці зсуву нікого не знайшли, повідомили в Державній службі з надзвичайних ситуацій.

Пошукові роботи були відновлені вранці 15 липня після того, як увечері їх зупиняли на ніч через загрозу подальшого зсуву ґрунту зі схилу.

Зсув стався на ділянці між центральним пляжем і пансіонатом «Борей» у Київському районі Одеси, його площа склала 150–200 квадратних метрів. Побоювалися, що під ґрунтом могли опинитися люди – попри те, що цей пляж іще раніше був оголошений аварійним і закритим для відвідування, на нього й далі приходять відпочивальники.



На КПВВ «Майорське» не знайшли вибухівки

На контрольному пункті в’їзду-виїзду «Майорське» не знайшли вибухівки, пункт відновив роботу. Про це повідомили у міністерстві внутрішніх справ України.

«Територію КПВВ дослідили на предмет небезпечних речовин. Наразі всі пункти пропуску працюють у штатному режимі», – мовиться у повідомленні.

Про мінування КПВВ невідомі повідомили сьогодні вранці.



NYC Mayor, Running for President, on Defense After Blackout

New York’s mayor is fending off criticism because he was in Iowa campaigning for his presidential bid while Manhattan was in the grips of a major power outage.Bill de Blasio said Monday on MSNBC that he was in frequent contact with agencies handling the emergency and that he thinks first responders did an “incredible job.”The Saturday night blackout darkened more than 40 square blocks of Manhattan, including Times Square.De Blasio sidestepped criticism from numerous quarters, including from Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a fellow Democrat. A front-page New York Post editorial called for de Blasio’s ouster.De Blasio said he took a four-hour car ride from Iowa to Chicago and got on the first available plane home.He insisted that the blackout response was well-managed with his remote supervision. 




Copyright © 2019 Український Канал  |  допомога: dmnsa  •  правда україни  •  wстудія  •  sellines  •  купуй!