$1*/ mo hosting! Everything you need to succeed online with us!

Новини

всі українські новини

Дочка Сущенка оприлюднила нові його малюнки (фото)

Дочка ув’язненого у Росії українського журналіста Романа Сущенка Юлія оприлюднила нові його малюнки, які він створив у колонії Кіровської області.

«Символічний зимовий пейзаж з Києво-Печерською лаврою (папір, олівець, ручка гелева, кулькова, пастель), «Букет квітів» (папір, пастель) та дві автівки для брата (папір, ручка гелева, олівець, пастель)», – написала вона у Facebook.

16 січня стало відомо, що Романові Сущенко вперше за 2,5 рок дозволили тривале (триденне) побачення з рідними. Як зазначила тоді Юлія Сущенко, зараз у батька залишаються проблеми зі здійсненням телефонних дзвінків, також журналісту не віддають кореспонденцію.

Сущенко засуджений у Росії до 12 років ув’язнення за статтею про шпигунство. Журналіст і представники української влади відкидають звинувачення на його адресу.

20 листопада 2018 року президент Петро Порошенко нагородив журналіста Романа Сущенка орденом «За мужність» ІІІ ступеня.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

EU Wants to Exclude Agriculture From Trade Talks With US

The European Union insisted Friday that agriculture be kept out of the EU-U.S. trade negotiations, despite Washington’s wishes to include the vast sector, and said any overall deal will be limited in scope.

The EU Commission announced its pro posals for a negotiating mandate from the 28 member states and said that the EU negotiations will be “strictly focused on the removal of tariffs on industrial goods, excluding agricultural products.”

EU Trade Chief Cecilia Malmstrom also said that she is preparing a target list of American products it will hit with punitive tariffs if the Trump administration goes through with its threat to impose duties on European auto imports.

Last July, during a period of heightened tensions over trade, U.S. President Donald Trump and EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker agreed to start talks meant to achieve “zero tariffs” and “zero subsidies” on non-automotive industrial goods.

With the U.S. criticizing the Europeans for allegedly dragging their feet in the talks, Malmstrom said “the EU is committed to upholding its side of the agreement reached by the two Presidents.”

Any agreement would fall well short of the scope of the free trade deal that had been discussed in recent years — but paused in 2016 after Trump slammed such wide-ranging international deals as unfair to the U.S.

Instead, Malmstrom said, the deal both sides are now looking at could be concluded “quite quickly. We could finalize this and it would be beneficial to all of us.”

 

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Gloomy Davos: Plenty of Crises, Few World Leaders

An array of crises will keep several world leaders away from the annual World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos next week, which takes place against a backdrop of deepening gloom over the global economic and political outlook.

Anxieties over trade disputes, fractious international relations, Brexit and a growth slowdown that some fear could tip the world economy into recession are set to dominate the Jan. 22-25 Alpine meeting.

The WEF’s own Global Risks Report set the tone this week with a stark warning of looming economic headwinds, in part because of geopolitical tensions among major powers.

​No Trump, Macron or May

Some 3,000 business, government and civil society figures are scheduled to gather in the snow-blanketed ski resort, but among them are only three leaders of the Group of Seven most industrialized countries: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte.

Donald Trump, who stole the Davos limelight last year with a rare appearance by a sitting U.S. president, pulled out of this year’s event as he grapples with a partial U.S. government shutdown.

On Thursday, the White House said Trump had also canceled his delegation’s trip to Davos because of the shutdown, now in its 27th day. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had been expected to lead the U.S. team, according to two senior administration officials.

French President Emmanuel Macron is also skipping the meeting as he seeks to respond to the “yellow vest” protests, while British Prime Minister Theresa May battles to find a consensus on Brexit.

​No Xi, either

Outside the G7, the leaders of Russia and India are shunning Davos, while China —whose president, Xi Jinping, was the first Chinese leader to attend the elite gathering in 2017 to offer a vigorous defense of free trade — is sending Xi’s deputy instead.

That will leave the likes of British Finance Minister Philip Hammond, Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan and a host of central bankers with the task of trying to reassure business chiefs.

“Davos will be dominated by a high level of anxiety about stock markets, a slowdown in growth and international politics,” said Nariman Behravesh, chief economist at IHS Markit. “The leadership presence is lower than last year but those who are going … will be seeking to impart a sense of confidence and calm business and investors’ nerves.”

​Forum still has its glitz

Before the U.S. cancellation, a Trump administration official had said the U.S. delegation would also discuss the importance of reforming institutions such as the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.

Trump has harshly criticized globalization and questioned U.S. participation in multilateral institutions such as the WTO, calling for a revamp of international trade rules.

Davos watchers said the absence of so many top leaders this year did not mean the glitzy forum had lost its status as a global stage for top politicians to present their agendas.

“Abe is going to Davos not just as Japanese prime minister but also as chair of the G20. It will be a perfect opportunity to lay the groundwork of upcoming G20 meetings,” said a Japanese government source familiar with international affairs.

“Of course there may be inconveniences such as missing opportunities to hold bilateral meetings, but that won’t undermine the importance of Davos,” he said.

A Chinese official who has attended Davos regularly but will not go this year said China had never expected to make progress at the meeting on the trade dispute with the United States. 

“It’s just an occasion for making a policy statement,” he said.

​Networking opportunities

The low turnout among major Western leaders may also give more prominence to political personalities who may otherwise be upstaged. Davos will be the first major international outing for Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, elected on a wave of anti-establishment and conservative nationalism also seen elsewhere.

He said on Twitter he would present “a different Brazil, free of ideological ties and widespread corruption.”

For business chiefs, the value of Davos lies not so much in the public sessions but in the networking and deal-making opportunities on the sidelines of the main conference.

“It’s the best place to pitch for ideas, build connections and get your brand known,” said Chen Linchevski, chief executive of Precognize, an Israel-based start-up developing software that prevents technical or quality failures at manufacturing plants.

“It’s the kind of place where in a few days you meet people you wouldn’t easily meet otherwise,” said Linchevski, who is paying 50,000 Swiss francs ($50,495) to attend the event.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

WSJ: US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin Weighs Lifting Tariffs on China

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin discussed lifting some or all tariffs imposed on Chinese imports and suggested offering a tariff rollback during trade discussions scheduled for Jan. 30, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the internal deliberations.

But Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer has resisted the idea, and the proposal had not yet been introduced to President Donald Trump, according to the Journal.

U.S. stocks advanced on the news even as a Treasury spokesman working with the administration’s trade team denied the report.

“Neither Secretary Mnuchin nor Ambassador Lighthizer have made any recommendations to anyone with respect to tariffs or other parts of the negotiation with China,” the spokesman said.

“This an ongoing process with the Chinese that is nowhere near completion.”

Chinese Vice Premier Liu He will visit the United States on Jan. 30 and 31 for the latest round of trade talks aimed at resolving a bitter trade dispute between the world’s two largest economies.

In December, Washington and Beijing agreed to a 90-day truce in a trade war that has disrupted the flow of hundreds of billions of dollars of goods.

Mid-level U.S. and Chinese officials met in Beijing last week to discuss China’s offers to address U.S. complaints about intellectual property theft and increase purchases of U.S. goods and services.

Lighthizer did not see any progress made on structural issues during those talks, Republican U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley said earlier this week.

The Trump administration is scheduled to increase tariffs March 2 on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods to 25 percent from 10 percent.

The timeline is seen as ambitious, but the resumption of face-to-face negotiations has bolstered hopes of a deal.

China has repeatedly played down complaints about intellectual property abuses, and has rejected accusations that foreign companies face forced technology transfers.

Industrial stocks, which have been sensitive to trade developments, jumped 1.4 percent after the Wall Street Journal report.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Indonesian Presidential Candidates Spar Over Corruption

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has accused his election rival of allowing corrupt candidates on his legislative ticket and failing to include women in senior positions.

Widodo and former General Prabowo Subianto, along with their running mates, faced off Thursday in the first of five debates before the April 17 election. The debate focused on terrorism, human rights, corruption, and law and order.

Opinion polls show Widodo commanding 52 percent to 54 percent popular support and Subianto 30 percent to 35 percent. About 10 percent of voters are undecided and another 15 percent are considered swing voters, meaning the race has the potential to tighten.

Subianto, making his second bid for president after being narrowly defeated by Widodo in 2014, waffled when asked why his party has the highest number of candidates with corruption records.

“Maybe the corruption they did was not huge, maybe he or she just, what I mean is, the theft was indeed wrong, but the most important thing to be eradicated was a corrupter who stole trillions of rupiah (hundreds of millions of dollars) of state money, of people’s money,” he said.

Questioning Subianto’s opening statement of a commitment to empowering women, Widodo said he has nine women in important Cabinet positions but there are few women in the leadership of Subianto’s Gerindra party.

Subianto said his party has many female candidates and criticized the quality of decision making by Widodo’s women ministers.

Widodo, the first Indonesian president from outside the country’s Jakarta elite, has made upgrading Indonesia’s infrastructure the signature policy of his five year-term.

In debating human rights, none of the candidates addressed Subianto’s involvement in human rights abuses during the dictator Suharto’s regime that ended two decades ago.

 

 

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

ІМІ: 235 порушень свободи слова зафіксували в Україні 2018 року

Інститут масової інформації зафіксував у 2018 році в Україні 235 випадків порушень свободи слова. Такими є дані щорічного дослідження ІМІ «Барометр свободи слова». Як повідомляє організація, ця цифра є меншою, ніж за аналогічний період 2017 року, коли зафіксували 281 порушення.

За даними дослідження, в першому півріччі 2018 року спостерігалося зростання кількості порушень, особливо фізичної агресії, порівняно з 2017 роком, але у другому півріччі, орієнтовно з серпня, «відбулася певна «стабілізація» кількості порушень прав журналістів».

«Ми пов’язуємо це з кількома причинами: по-перше, з публічним резонансом після жорсткого нападу на активістку Катерину Гандзюк і надзвичайно негативною реакцією суспільства та міжнародної спільноти на цей випадок, що, можливо, дещо охолодило потенційних нападників. Так само ми не виключаємо, що убивство Гандзюк могло мати і певний охолоджувальний ефект на журналістів, особливо в регіонах, які почали більш обережно критикувати, це питання потребує окремого дослідження. І нарешті, ми спостерігаємо затишшя перед традиційною «бурею» виборчих процесів 2019 року», – заявила виконавча директорка ІМІ Оксана Романюк.

Основним викликом для свободи слова у 2018 році в ІМІ називають фізичну агресію щодо журналістів. Категоріями-лідерами за кількістю порушень стали перешкоджання, погрози і напади на журналістів. Із загальної кількості порушень 173 випадки стосувалися саме фізичної агресії щодо журналістів.

Читайте також: «Індекс свободи преси» 2018: ненависть до журналістики загрожує демократіям

Згідно з дослідженням, регіоном-лідером за кількістю порушень прав журналістів із початку року так і залишається Київ з областю (97). Далі йдуть Миколаївщина (16 випадків), Дніпропетровщина і Полтавщина (по 12), Одещина (11), Львівщина (10).

Порушували переважно право журналістів на професію, згідно з моніторингом, приватні особи, представники центральної й місцевої влади та правоохоронці.

В ІМІ уточнили, що ці дані стосуються неокупованої території України. На окупованих територіях Донецької й Луганської областей, у зв’язку з дуже обмеженими можливостями доступу до цих територій, ІМІ вдалося зафіксувати лише два порушення (у 2017 році – три), йдеться в повідомленні. Зокрема, 2018 року на сепаратистських сайтах знову оприлюднили персональні дані журналістів 11 українських ЗМІ. Крім того, в організації звернули увагу на те, що в полоні підтримуваних Росією бойовиків у Донецьку продовжує перебувати журналіст Станіслав Асєєв.

Читайте також: Комітет захисту журналістів: у 2018 році 34 журналісти загинули через свою професійну діяльність

В анексованому Росією Криму в 2018 році було зафіксовано 12 нових випадків порушень свободи слова (у 2017 році – 16 випадків).

Відповідно до моніторингу міжнародної організації «Репортери без кордонів», Україна посіла торік 101-е місце в «Індексі свободи преси».

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

За добу на Донбасі поранений один український військовий – штаб

В зоні бойових дій за добу зафіксовано сім обстрілів з боку бойовиків незаконних збройних угруповань, внаслідок них один військових Збройних сил України дістав поранення, повідомляє прес-служба штабу Операції об’єднаних сил.

«В смузі дій оперативно-тактичного угрупування «Північ» ворог відкривав вогонь по позиціях наших військ з ПТРК, автоматичних гранатометів, великокаліберних кулеметів та стрілецької зброї в районі селища Південне. В смузі дій оперативно-тактичного угрупування «Схід» противник п’ять разів обстріляв позиції українських військових поблизу селища Піски з гранатометів, великокаліберних кулеметів та стрілецької зброї», – йдеться в повідомленні прес-служби.

Також в штабі ООС повідомляють про обстріл позицій поблизу населеного пункту Невельське.

У незаконному збройному угрупованні «ДНР» вдень 17 січня заявили про нібито обстріл ЗСУ окупованого села Крута Балка.

В аналогічному угрупованні «ЛНР» не повідомляли про обстріли з боку українських військових протягом дня 17 січня.

Читайте також: Минулої доби на Донбасі поранено п’ятьох українських військових – штаб​

Тристороння контактна група щодо врегулювання ситуації на Донбасі оголосила про чергове «безстрокове і стале» припинення вогню, починаючи з півночі 29 грудня 2018 року, цього разу з нагоди новорічних і різдвяних свят. Воно було порушене майже відразу після заявленого початку і відтоді, як і всі попередні перемир’я, порушується постійно.

Збройний конфлікт на Донбасі триває від 2014 року після російської анексії Криму. Україна і Захід звинувачують Росію у збройній підтримці сепаратистів. Кремль відкидає ці звинувачення і заявляє, що на Донбасі можуть перебувати хіба що російські «добровольці». За даними ООН, за час конфлікту загинули понад 10 300 людей.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

У ЄС прокоментували перебіг судового процесу над українськими моряками

Делегації Європейського Союзу відмовили у можливості спостергіати за процесом над українськими полоненими моряками у Лефортовському міському суді, йдеться в оприлюдненій 17 січня заяві речниці Європейської зовнішньополітичної служби Майї Коціянчич.

Вона назвала неприпустимим застосування сили з боку Росії, внаслідок чого українські військові були затримані, а саме затримання – незаконним.

«Ми сподіваємося, що Росія негайно і беззастережно звільнить 24 захоплених українських моряків, поважатиме їхнє право на юридичне представництво і безперешкодний доступ консульських органів, а також забезпечить відповідну медичну допомогу пораненим», – мовиться у заяві.

Лефортовський суд столиці Росії Москви 15 та 16 січня продовжив майже до квітня арешт усіх затриманих українських моряків.

Судові засідання проходили в закритому режимі на прохання Федеральної служби безпеки Росії. Українських моряків, які відмовилися відповідати на питання суду, заявляючи, що є військовополоненими, звинувачують у порушенні державного кордону Росії. Адвокати заявили низку клопотань, більшу частину, в тому числі про визнання обвинувачених військовополоненими, суд відхилив.

Раніше всі 24 військових заявили слідству, що є військовополоненими.

Читайте також: Захоплені Росією українські моряки знову в суді: хто вони і як почувають себе в полоні​

Російські силовики захопили 24 українських моряків і три кораблі поблизу Керченської протоки 25 листопада.

Україна вважає те, що сталося, актом агресії, а своїх військових, яких утримують у московському слідчому ізоляторі «Лефортово», військовополоненими.

 

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Франція: в університеті Ліона – вибух і пожежа

Пожежа спалахнула у будівлі бібліотеки університету Ліона (Франція). Reuters повідомляє про щонайменше одного постраждалого. За даними інформагентства, поліція заявила про вибух газового балона на даху будівлі.

У соцмережах поширюють відео інциденту.

В університеті, тим часом, повідомили, що причиною інциденту стали будівельні роботи на території кампусу. За даними вишу, людей, що перебували навколо, евакуювали, зараз вогонь вдалося локалізувати.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!


Copyright © 2019 Український Канал  |  допомога: dmnsa  •  правда україни  •  wстудія  •  sellines  •  купуй!