$1*/ mo hosting! Everything you need to succeed online with us!

свіжі новини:

US Budget Deficit Hits Record $204.9B for November 

The federal budget deficit surged to a record for the month of November of $204.9 billion, but a big part of the increase reflected a calendar quirk. 

 

In its monthly budget report, the Treasury Department said Thursday that the deficit for November was $66.4 billion higher than the imbalance in November 2017. 

 

But $44 billion of that figure reflected the fact that December benefits in many government entitlement programs were paid in November this year because Dec. 1 fell on a Saturday. 

 

For the first two months of this budget year, the deficit totals $305.4 billion, up 51.4 percent from the same period last year. The Trump administration is projecting that this year’s deficit will top $1 trillion, reflecting increased government spending and the loss of revenue from a big tax cut. 

 

The new report showed that the higher tariffs from President Donald Trump’s get-tough trade policies are showing up in the budget totals. Customs duties totaled $6 billion in November, up 99 percent from November 2017. 

 

Trump has imposed penalty tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from a number of countries and on $250 billion of Chinese imports as the administration seeks to apply pressure to other countries to reduce their barriers to American exports. However, China and other nations have retaliated by imposing penalty tariffs on U.S. exports, sparking a tit-for-tat trade war. 

 

The administration still believes it will prevail and is currently in talks with China over trade practices the administration feels are unfair to American companies and workers. 

Three years of $1 trillion deficits

 

Last year’s budget deficit totaled $779 billion. The administration is projecting that this year’s deficit, for a budget year that runs from October through September, will total $1.09 trillion. The administration sees the deficit remaining above $1 trillion for three straight years. 

 

The only time the government has run deficits of this size was for four years from 2009 through 2012 when the Obama administration was boosting spending to grapple with the 2008 financial crisis and the worst recession since the 1930s. 

 

Trump has said that the new budget he will unveil next February will require 5 percent spending cuts for domestic agencies in a bid to trim future deficits. The administration is also counting on government revenues to be increased by faster economic growth from the $1.5 trillion tax cut passed a year ago. 

 

The $204.9 billion deficit last month was the biggest deficit ever recorded in November, a month when the government normally runs a deficit. Outlays were also a record in the month of November. 

 

Through the first two months of this budget year, revenues total $458.7 billion, 3.4 percent higher than the same period a year ago. Outlays totaled $764 billion, up 18.4 percent from the same period a year ago.  

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Stocks Lose Steam as Nerves Persist, Euro Dips

A gauge of world equities was little changed after giving up early gains on Thursday, continuing a pattern seen for the past several sessions, while the euro eased after the European Central Bank formally ended its bond purchasing scheme.

In the United States, the S&P and Nasdaq finished in the red while the Dow closed well off its session highs as cautious trade optimism faded.

Nervousness has heightened volatility in stocks recently, with a tendency for stocks to lose morning gains as the day wears on. 

In Beijing, a commerce ministry spokesman said China and the United States were in close contact over trade, and any U.S. trade delegation would be welcome to visit.  

Although signs of a trade thaw have been welcomed by investors, other worries have kept stocks from sustaining gains.

“It’s a market that’s been very nervous. Investors get excited in the morning and then their fears come back,” said Omar Aguilar, chief investment officer of equities at Charles Schwab Investment Management in San Francisco. 

“We need a catalyst to get us a more consistent trend — it could be good economic data or more clarity on the Fed’s intentions for next year or more certainty in U.S.-China. I don’t think it’s going to happen any time soon.”

Dow Jones rises while S&P 500 dips

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 70.11 points, or 0.29 percent, to 24,597.38, the S&P 500 lost 0.53 points, or 0.02 percent, to 2,650.54 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 27.98 points, or 0.39 percent, to 7,070.33.

U.S. economic data showed jobless claims fell last week to near 49-year lows, while import prices dropped as the cost of petroleum products tumbled. Shares in Europe edged lower to snap a two-session winning streak, as concerns about Britain’s exit from the European Union and euro zone growth outweighed a budget compromise in Italy.

The pan-European STOXX 600 index lost 0.17 percent and MSCI’s gauge of stocks across the globe gained 0.05 percent.

Help from ECB to continue

Britain’s weakened prime minister, Theresa May, survived a late night no-confidence vote, and then said she did not expect a quick breakthrough in Brexit talks that would help get the deal through parliament. 

The ECB officially ended its post-crisis asset purchase program but promised to keep feeding stimulus into an economy struggling with an unexpected slowdown and political turmoil.

The euro and sterling were choppy on the Brexit uncertainty and in the wake of comments from ECB President Mario Draghi investors viewed as dovish following the policy announcement.

Dollar index slightly up 

The dollar index rose 0.02 percent, with the euro down 0.04 percent to $1.1363.

Sterling, rebounding from earlier declines, was last trading at $1.2662, up 0.26 percent on the day.

Oil prices were higher after data showed inventory declines in the United States and as investors began to expect the global oil market could have a deficit sooner than previously thought.

U.S. crude settled up 2.8 percent at $52.58 per barrel and Brent was last at $61.45, up 2.16 percent.

 

  

  

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Справу проти бойовика «Гіві» повернули до суду

Кримінальна справа, відкрита проти одного з бойовиків угруповання «ДНР» Михайла Толстих на прізвисько «Гіві», який, за деякими даними, вважається загиблим, повернулася до Павлоградського міськрайонного суду Дніпропетровської області. Інформацію про це Радіо Свобода 13 грудня підтвердили в суді.

За даними суду, на 13 грудня було призначене судове засідання в справі, однак воно не відбулося.

Раніше в анонсі судових засідань в резонансних кримінальних провадженнях цього тижня Генеральна прокуратура України, зокрема, повідомила про запланований розгляд в Павлоградському суді справи «за обвинуваченням громадянина Т. в участі в терористичній організації, веденні агресивної війни за попередньої змови групою осіб, в організації та вчиненні терористичного акту, незаконному позбавленні волі та порушенні законів та звичаїв війни».

Адвокат Дмитро Земницький, який на офіційному інтернет-сайті суду зазначений як захисник Толстих, від коментарів відмовився.

30 березня в офіційній газеті «Урядовий кур’єр» оприлюднили повідомлення Павлоградського міськрайонного суду, який викликав на засідання обвинуваченого Михайла Толстих (командира угруповання бойовиків «Сомалі» на прізвисько «Гіві»).

5 квітня колегія суддів Павлоградського суду вирішила повернути кримінальне провадження проти Толстих стороні обвинувачення, зокрема, зазначивши, що «у розпорядження суддів надійшло повідомлення СБУ про те, що обвинувачений був убитий, однак офіційно цю інформацію СБУ не підтвердила».

Головна військова прокуратура Генеральної прокуратури України подала апеляцію на рішення Павлоградського суду. Як зазначили тоді у відомстві, підстави для повернення справи прокурору «абсолютно надумані» і єдиною причиною судової ухвали є «дивне і вперте небажання суду за будь-яких підстав розглядати справу за обвинуваченням ватажка терористів «ДНР».

У суді Михайло Толстих обвинувачувався за кількома статтями Кримінального кодексу України – частиною 1 статті 285-3 (Створення терористичної групи чи терористичної організації), частиною 2 статті 28, частиною 2 статті 437 (Планування, підготовка, розв’язування та ведення агресивної війни), частиною 3 статті 27, частиною 3 статті 258 (Терористичний акт), частиною 2 статті 146 (Незаконне позбавлення волі або викрадення людини), частиною 2 статті 28, частиною 1 статті 438 (Порушення законів та звичаїв війни)

8 лютого 2017 року в угрупованні «ДНР» заявили про загибель ​Михайла Толстих у результаті вибуху. У Міноборони України тоді підтвердили смерть.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Посол Ізраїлю: був шокований рішенням Львівської облради проголосити 2019-й роком Бандери

Посол Ізраїлю в Україні Джоел Ліон заявив, що «був шокований» рішенням Львівської облради проголосити 2019-й роком провідника Організації українських націоналістів (ОУН) Степана Бандери.

«Я не можу зрозуміти, як прославляння тих, хто безпосередньо брав участь у жахливих антисемітських злочинах, допомагає боротися з антисемітизмом та ксенофобією. Україна не повинна забувати про злочини, скоєні проти українських євреїв, і жодним чином не відзначати їх через вшанування їх виконавців», – цитує Ліона прес-служба посольства.

1 січня 2019 року виповнюється 110 років з дня народження Степана Бандери. Провідник ОУН був убитий 15 жовтня 1959 року радянський агентом Богданом Сташинським. У зв’язку з цим 11 грудня на позачерговій сесії депутати Львівської облради оголосили 2019-й роком Бандери.

Тим часом народні депутати України від фракцій «Блок Петра Порошенка» і « Народний фронт» ініціюють розгляд питання щодо повернення провіднику ОУН звання «Герой України». Степанові Бандері президент Віктор Ющенко 22 січня 2010 року надав це звання, однак уже за кілька місяців Донецький окружний адміністративний суд скасував цей указ.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

У Києві обирають талісман міста – КМДА

Стартувало онлайн-голосування за обрання талісмана Києва, повідомила прес-служба Київська міська державна адміністрація. Воно триватиме до 19 грудня.

У мерії пояснили, що обраний талісман стане частиною туристичної символіки міста, але не замінюватиме офіційної. Автор отримає грошову винагороду у розмірі 150 000 гривень.

До складу журі увійшло сім людей: депутат Київської міської ради Вікторія Муха, туристичний гід Юлія Бевзенко, засновник студії «VINTAGE» Євгеній Кудрявченко, ресторатор Дмитро Борисов, директор Департаменту культури КМДА Діана Попова, засновник проекту «PORT CREATIVET HUB» Катерина Тейлор, співзасновниця піар-агенції «GRES TODORCHUK PR» Ярослава Гресь.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Apple Deepens Austin Ties, Expands Operations East and West

Apple will build a $1 billion campus in Austin, Texas, break ground on smaller locations in Seattle, San Diego and Culver City, California, and over the next three years expand in Pittsburgh, New York and Colorado.

The tech giant said Thursday that the new campus in Austin, less than a mile from existing Apple facilities, will open with 5,000 positions in engineering, research and development, operations, finance, sales and customer support. The site, according to Apple, will have the capacity to eventually accommodate 15,000 employees.

The three other new locations will have more than 1,000 employees each.

Early this year, Apple said that it would make more than $30 billion in capital expenditures in the U.S. over the next five years. That, the company said in January, would create more than 20,000 new jobs at existing and new campuses that Apple planned to build.

Where U.S. companies open new facilities or plants has always had the potential for public and political backlash.

That potential has intensified under the Trump administration, which has pushed companies to keep more of their operations inside the country’s borders.

While CEO Tim Cook has steered mostly clear President Donald Trump’s ire, Apple did receive some push back three months ago from the White House.

Apple sent a letter to the U.S. trade representative warning that the burgeoning trade war with China and rising tariffs could force higher prices for U.S. consumers.

Trump in a tweet told Apple to start making its products in the U.S., and not China.

Apple uses a lot of facilities overseas to produce components and its products, including China.

Top tech executives from Google, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle and Qualcomm gathered at the White House earlier this month to discuss strained ties between the administration and the industry, and trade tensions with China. Cook was not among them, nor was Amazon’s Jeff Bezos.

There are already 6,000 Apple employees in Austin, its largest operation outside of company headquarters in Cupertino, California, where 37,000 people are employed.

“Apple has been a vital part of the Austin community for a quarter century, and we are thrilled that they are deepening their investment in our people and the city we love,” said Austin Mayor Steve Adler in a prepared statement Thursday.

Apple said nearly a year ago that it would begin canvassing the U.S. for another campus.

Cities offered incentives to lure the company, but Cook avoided a high-profile competition that pitted them against one another as Amazon did over the last year and a half.

Amazon, too, expands

Amazon announced in November after a 14-month search it had selected Long Island City, Queens, and Arlington, Virginia, as the joint winners. Each site will employ around 25,000 people.

Cities are eager to bring in more tech employers because companies like Apple and Amazon ladle out six-figure salaries to engineers and other skilled workers.

The infusion of thousands of new and highly paid residents can ripple through an economy, with those employees filling restaurants, theaters, buying property and paying taxes.

Annual pay will vary at the new locations, but Apple workers in Cupertino have an average annual salary of about $125,000, according to a report the company submitted to the city.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

До закінчення воєнного стану ЗСУ планують отримати понад 200 одиниць техніки – Полторак

Завдяки введенню воєнного стану Збройні сили України отримають до його кінця понад 200 одиниць техніки. Про це в ефірі телеканалу «Україна» заявив міністр оборони України Степан Полторак.

«Завдяки заходам, передбаченим воєнним станом, за два тижні військам прийшло понад 100 одиниць техніки. До кінця воєнного стану ми плануємо отримати понад 200 одиниць техніки», – зазначив міністр.

26 листопада Верховна Рада проголосувала за запровадження воєнного стану терміном на 30 діб у внутрішніх водах Азово-Керченської акваторії та в 10 областях, прилеглих до кордону з Росією, а також із окупованими чи контрольованими нею територіями України та Молдови. Це Вінницька, Луганська, Донецька, Запорізька, Миколаївська, Одеська, Сумська, Харківська, Чернігівська, Херсонська.

Це сталося після того, як 25 листопада російські прикордонники у Керченській протоці відкрили вогонь по трьох українських кораблях і захопили їх. Підконтрольні Кремлю суди в Криму арештували 24 моряків на два місяці. Зараз полонені військові ВМС України перебувають у слідчих ізоляторах в Москві. Українська влада визнає їх військовополоненими.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

За минулу добу бойовики 7 разів порушили режим припинення вогню – штаб

Упродовж минулої доби, 12 грудня бойовики сім разів порушили режим припинення вогню. Про це повідомили у штабі операції Об’єднаних сил.

У штабі зазначили, що противник продовжує застосувати озброєння, заборонене Мінськими угодами.

«Зокрема, ворог відкривав вогонь з мінометів калібру 82 міліметрів по позиціях Об’єднаних сил неподалік населеного пункту Кримське – на Луганському напрямку та в районі селища Чермалик на Маріупольському напрямку. Також, російські окупанти вели вогонь з гранатометів різних систем, великокаліберних кулеметів і стрілецької зброї по населених пунктах Старогнатівка, Авдіївка, Тарамчук – на Донецькому напрямку», – ідеться у повідомленні.

Як зазначають у штабі ООС, жоден український військовий не постраждав

«За даними розвідки, протягом 12 грудня, 2 окупанти отримали поранення», – додають військові.

Протягом поточної доби, за інформацією штабу, бойовики вели вогонь з мінометів в районі населеного пункту Гнутове на Донецькому напрямку.

В угрупуванні «ЛНР» заявили, що українські військові три рази порушували режим тиші, у аналогічному угрупуванні «ДНР» звіт про хід бойових дій не публікували.

Тристороння контактна група з урегулювання ситуації на Донбасі домовилася про чергове перемир’я, починаючи з півночі 29 серпня. Рішення ухвалили у зв’язку з початком навчального року. Однак в перші ж години ОБСЄ зафіксувала порушення домовленостей.

Раніше схожі режими тиші також не дотримувалися, сторони звинувачували в порушеннях одна одну.

Унаслідок російської гібридної агресії на сході України від квітня 2014 року в регіоні, за даними ООН, загинули понад 10 тисяч людей іще станом на кінець 2017 року – відтоді нових даних не оголошували.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!

Wall Street Gains on Better Signs in US-China Trade Talks

Wall Street stocks finished higher on Wednesday due to improved hopes for the US-China trade talks.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.6 percent at 24,527.27.

The broad-based S&P 500 advanced 0.5 percent to 2,651.07, while the tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index jumped 1.0 percent to 7,098.31.

Wall Street stocks have been volatile in recent weeks in part due to unpredictable and ambiguous events connected to the Beijing-Washington trade negotiations.

The latest indicators have been more upbeat, with a Chinese Huawei executive granted bail in a Canadian court in a closely-watched legal case and confirmation from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross in a television interview that Beijing had offered to cut tariffs on autos imported from the United States and resume soybean purchases.

Unlike the last two sessions, there were no major gyrations lower on Wednesday. But stocks still finished well below their session highs, with the Dow falling about 300 points from its peak in the last three hours of trading.

Gainers included some equities that have been seen as vulnerable to a trade war with China. Boeing advanced 1.5 percent, Caterpillar 1.7 percent and Deere 0.8 percent.

Tech shares were also upward-bound, with Google parent Alphabet winning 1.1 percent, Amazon 1.2 percent and Netflix 3.6 percent.

Tencent Music, in its first session after going public, jumped 7.7 percent a day after the music streaming company raised $1.1 billion in an initial public offering.

$.99* .COM Domain! You be you with us!


Copyright © 2018 Український Канал  |  допомога: dmnsa  •  правда україни  •  wстудія  •  sellines  •  купуй!